Saturday, August 29, 2009

The heat is making Ryan crazy

Ryan and I haven't had AC in our house since Thursday afternoon. Let me tell you. IT. IS. HOT. I'm sweating as I'm sitting here typing this. We didn't sleep much last night, and it was way too hot to sleep in this morning, so when we woke up, I somehow convinced Ryan to go garage saleing with me. (The heat must have made him a little delirious!)

I have been looking for something to fill up the empty space in the back of our living room for awhile now. I've been trying to find a sofa table type thing to go along the back wall on the cheap. Well, today, we drove through Fairfield (the neighborhood I grew up in) and noticed that there was a garage sale in the court across from my parents house! I actually knew the family that was having the garage sale. I grew up with their daughter and actually got to see her and talk with her too. Anyway, we walked in and saw the potential in this cute little beat up dresser...


The best part? It only cost $15. We were sold. So, this afternoon, Ryan and I went to Home Depot with some of our leftover wedding gift cards to buy some paint and some hardware to fix it up. We picked out the color "Red Velvet" hoping it would be similar to the color that was already on it. When we started painting it on tonight, we discovered it's more like "Pink Velvet." We're going to give it a chance to dry and look at it again before we decide if we need to head back to Home Depot for round 2...

We'll keep you updated on the finished product! We need something to do to take our mind off this heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment